Sunday, December 22, 2013

Song from a Beloved

I was sitting on a bench
Right under an old tree.
The sun rose so up high
That it shone straight to me.


A woman called my name
And I'm glad to hear her voice.
She wants us to play a game
Like it was our favorite past -time choice.


We ran around the tree
Laughing and singing all around.
It was a lovely day for me.
Then we laid down on the ground.


She told me stories I've loved.
Then tickled me like a baby.
She gave me all the love she'd have.
And that made me really happy.


She sang to me a song...
"I'll always be here for you
I won't be gone too long
Cause I'll always love you."


I fell asleep to her lullaby.
It was such a good song.
I know she won't say goodbye
For she said she won't be gone too long.


But then for a moment,
I woke up counting to ten.
It was only a dream well spent.
And I can never hear her song again.


11/02/13

No comments:

Post a Comment